Catalogs are arriving...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Parks is my favorite catalog, and I find it much more reliable than buying seeds locally. Often I find that some stores put out the same seeds they've had in storage for who knows how long (for example one year I bought a lettuce mix and all of the seeds were dead except the bitter greens. I like some of them, but as part of the mix, not my entire greens patch). If you have questions about whether or not they are appropriate locally, you can call as well as just using their maps.

I am no longer allowed to buy packets of seeds. One year I decided to plant tomatoes from seeds and ended up with more containers than I can remember on nearly every window sill and they did very well but I couldn't bear to "cull" them....just don't have the heart to kill something so precious....so I ended up with enough tomato plants to populate the greater Portland area....just can't do that again.....!

Lindatoo - are you aware that tomato seeds (among MANY others) remain viable for 10+ years? You can easily sow just the amount you want & keep the remaining seeds in tape-sealed packets in a cool, dry place (like a spare close) & use them year after year.

I am no longer allowed to buy packets of seeds. One year I decided to plant tomatoes from seeds and ended up with more containers than I can remember on nearly every window sill and they did very well but I couldn't bear to "cull" them....just don't have the heart to kill something so precious....so I ended up with enough tomato plants to populate the greater Portland area....just can't do that again.....!

LOL! I did the same thing one year up north.
I was bringing wheelbarrows full of tomatoes, zucs and cucs everyday to the migrate worker apple pickers.
They thought I was crazy. But they never refused. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom