Eggplant, Banana Peppers and tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I bought a plant from a local greenhouse that had eggplant, tomatoes and banana peppers (I think) in it. Currently the banana peppers are yellow shading to red, the eggplants range from about 4 inches to 8 inches long but they are all pretty small in diameter. No more than about 1.5 inches. The tomatoes are all ripening nicely too. Now...can I do something with all of these in combination? And when are the eggplants ready? Can I blanch and freeze the peppers to use in salsa later?

I make hummus, add roasted eggplant, pureed. Put it on a croustade, or crackers, top with a fresh pico de gallo. Remember, when one freezes peppers they will thaw and be limp. They will still have flavor, but the texture will be changed.

Hmmm, OK, those are both good ideas. Pico de gallo is definitely first up.

Does anyone know if my eggplant are ready to go now? They are a lovely deep purple, but like I said, they are on the smallish side. Should I wait a bit?

Hmmm, OK, those are both good ideas. Pico de gallo is definitely first up.

Does anyone know if my eggplant are ready to go now? They are a lovely deep purple, but like I said, they are on the smallish side. Should I wait a bit?

Eggplants have several varieties.Some are long and slender like a cucumber,pear shaped,and as small as a tomato.

This might help you to determine what type you have.

Eggplant Seeds and Eggplant Plants for sale - Burpee

Munky.

Munky YOU are S M R T!!!

I have Millionaire Hybrid eggplants, and they are nearly ready to use. WOOHOO! Thanks so much you guys. I knew I would get the answers I needed here.

Jutst the other day , I was in the same situation with my peppers, tomatoes and eggplant. I did the ratatoullie, added some olives. When all finished , tossed it with rigatoni and a little parmesan cheese. I saw Jacques Pepin do it in an episode once, and i wanted to mix things up a bit.

Jutst the other day , I was in the same situation with my peppers, tomatoes and eggplant. I did the ratatoullie, added some olives. When all finished , tossed it with rigatoni and a little parmesan cheese. I saw Jacques Pepin do it in an episode once, and i wanted to mix things up a bit.

Do you have a recipe you could post? Or a link? I'd love to see it. I've never made ratatouille before.

Back
Top Bottom