Fall Flower Bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Been scarce around here lately. Had a good excuse. I've been removing all of my summer flower beds making room for the fall / winter plants and flowers. I think it's turning out nice. A few more trips ( fill the truck bed up) to Home Depot, lacking a few Pumpkins, Mum's because of a rouge snail keeps eating the tops! I should be done with it soon.

Brittney:
img_927174_0_344ea695a782549aab51524b9b06d190.jpg

img_927174_1_2259cdc0358c7bc0b6ad1e06a3b34270.jpg

Cyclamen's
img_927174_2_d883cc90d02496319cf9dc3a2a7c1dfd.jpg

img_927174_3_b6efbfd946ffb1bc9a22c4bcf58bb5b4.jpg

Purple Fountain Grass
img_927174_4_fb332fd0b43e6b96dc58f9b233dce3ad.jpg

I'm so jealous. My winter garden only has white plants. Most people call them snowdrifts!

I'm so jealous. My winter garden only has white plants. Most people call them snowdrifts!

LOL!!!

I'm so ready for winter. It's been in the high 90's to 102 here this week. Enough is enough. Time for some new colors.

Munky.

Cyclamens outdoors! I've never seen that before. Around here the only winter garden is evergreens and the one indoors.

Very pretty, just love the cyclamen!

To deter slugs, try slug repellant tape which is copper. Or slug rings from Amazon, though this is the UK site, you might find similar . We use slug rings on our daliahs and kept the beasts off.

Amazon.co.uk: slug rings - Home & Garden

The Mum's must be pretty tasty to them. I've been tempted to buy some beer and try that route. But it would just be my luck my Golden Retriever would think the soil is tasty to. That's all I need is a sloshed dog :)

Next time I get the chance I'll check the local garden center and see if they have those rings.

Thank you.

Munky.

Cyclamens outdoors! I've never seen that before. Around here the only winter garden is evergreens and the one indoors.

I'd never heard of that plant before. Cyclamen's are usually grown indoors, or in green houses. If the plant can be protected from the frost it should do just fine planted in that particular area. The soil is the best it's ever been. Anything I plant in it has done very well. We don't see a lot of 40 degree days here in Cali. It happens, just not that often.

Munky.

Ypur yard looks like a picture:)e tourned a flower bed into an herb garden and I love it.I have to send Jon or Gil out to pick what I need but at least I can see them and enjoy the taste and smell.
cj

I'd never heard of that plant before. Cyclamen's are usually grown indoors, or in green houses. If the plant can be protected from the frost it should do just fine planted in that particular area. The soil is the best it's ever been. Anything I plant in it has done very well. We don't see a lot of 40 degree days here in Cali. It happens, just not that often.

Munky.

When you write Cali, do you mean California? If so, what part of California? Do you mean it doesn't get up to 40F or down to 40F? My sister is in Orange County, Calif. and it's 66F there right now.

When you write Cali, do you mean California? If so, what part of California? Do you mean it doesn't get up to 40F or down to 40F? My sister is in Orange County, Calif. and it's 66F there right now.

California, Central Coast.

We see some cold weather here, It's actually has snowed here before.
What we have here mostly is wind, and a lot of it. What I meant was if we know that it's going to be a frosty few days, I cover my delicate plants up.
The Cyclamens can take some cold, just a not a lot of it.

It's 68 here right now, muggy out and it's sprinkling rain.

Munky.

It's beautiful. I miss my old neighbor. We had the perfect arrangement. I would purchase and she would plant and tend. How dare she move! :)

I want a green thumb....I don't have it. :(

Hey Munky, the beer thing really works! If you have a little fence that the dog can't get around put that around the dish of beer. And I hope you have a strong stomach! Emptying out that pile of drowned slugs is GROSS! You might try eggshells around the bottom of your plants. The slugs won't crawl across the sharp shells.

Kathleen,

I don't have a green thumb either. Faking it all the way. How am I doin'? LOL!
It's pouring outside. Poor Brittney's make up is going to smear. Can't help but imagine what she's going to look like in the morning. Yeah I'm laughing. :LOL::LOL:

Alix,
The egg shell idea is brilliant. I don't have a strong stomach. I'm just a sissy about such things. Think I'll pass on the beer.

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom