Finally got the garden in!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
We've had so much rain, it's been too muddy to get in the garden, but it finally dried up enough to get it tilled and planted yesterday. Just in time, too, as rain is moving in again.
We set out tomatoes...4 Big Beef, 1 Park's Whopper, and 2 Romas. We also planted sweet peppers...3 green bell, 1 red bell and 4 sweet banana. I grow most of my herbs and pots, but the sweet basil, flat-leaf Italian parsley and sage do better in the ground, so they went in yesterday also.

I sure hope my peppers do better this year. I used to have more peppers than I knew what to do with, but the last 3-4 years, they've done poorly, and I'm not sure why.

That's great Constance!
I was just on my way out the door to get my tilling done and my spinach, carrots, and lettuce planted. I ca't wait to get the tomatoes and the rest in, I have to wait just a couple weeks more to be safe. :)

Yea!! Finally got mine in couple days ago too. I live in sort of central/southern Idaho at about 3000', and our weather is just psychotic to say the least. We had snow on the ground for almost five months. Funnest part of getting garden in the other day was I went and scrounged up three 6' long scraggly branches from something (mystery tree?) and tied them together with trashed baling twine to form a bean teepee! I've put a cherry tomato plant in the ground at the base of a pear tree so I can tie it to something as it grows (we'll see if that is a good idea or not!) and so far, so good. No black tomato plant yet! Now to just keep the 6 month old border collie from doing too much 'gardening' of his own out there! I so cannot wait to harvest stuff.

Just an idea, but I'm doing all my herbs in long rectangular pots all along the walkway to the front door. This way I can grab what I want for cooking without going out to garden. And they look great! (and SMELL greater!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom