Freeze Warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spryte

Senior Cook
There is a freeze warning in effect from midnight to 9am.

Can I just cover my plants with a sheet? Or should I try to bring in my smaller containers?

We had a freeze warning here last night. I didn't take any of my plants in but I did cover them with a sheet. They were fine this morning. Don't be tempted to use plastic. Sheets will keep the plants better insulated and warmer.

There is a freeze warning in effect from midnight to 9am.

Can I just cover my plants with a sheet? Or should I try to bring in my smaller containers?

Are you talking about just below 32* F for a few hours...or mid 20s for several hours? There is a difference. If the temperature is just flirting with 32* then follow the above advice...If the temp will be really cold for several hours then it is best to ere on the safe side...bring the stuff inside.

Nobody plants in my area until the end of May. While the temps may be OK, the ground is still too cold. Except for the farmers getting the early corn in. They cover it with plastic (at least it looks like plastic).

When I lived in Manitoba, I had to cover mine often. Sheets will work fine. we have a chance of frost here also tonight. But, it's been too cold to plant anything!

Well... I think it didn't get quite as cold as they thought it would. Someone couldn't bear not knowing what was under the sheet and removed it during the night!! But everything still looks good this morning.

we also were spared freezing temperatures last night, whew, only three more weeks to go until I am past my last frost free date. she says acutely remembering the May 18 FREEZE of 2007

Back
Top Bottom