Harglow Apricot Trees!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
We've been looking for apricot trees for about 3 years. We found two yesterday at the nursery! They're planted and should start producing in oh--3-5 years. I know, that's a long time to wait and they might not produce. From what I've read, the Harglow's flower later than other varieties ... given how cold it's been this spring, I am surprised that they show signs of having flowered.

I was attracted to apricots because I like them <g> but also because they take less time to bear fruit than other fruit trees and don't need a pollinator.

Has anyone else planted apricot trees? How'd they do?

The garden, however, is behind schedule. It has been so COLD and wet. We did manage to till yesterday and I'm going out to plant some carrot, onion sets, peas, and kohlrabi this afternoon. About time--we usually plant these around the 14-21st of April.

The garden, however, is behind schedule. It has been so COLD and wet. We did manage to till yesterday and I'm going out to plant some carrot, onion sets, peas, and kohlrabi this afternoon. About time--we usually plant these around the 14-21st of April.

Sorry, I don't know anything about apricot trees.

I'm glad that it's only time to plant now. It means that for once I will get stuff planted on time. Tax season usually gets in the way.

We've been looking for apricot trees for about 3 years. We found two yesterday at the nursery! They're planted and should start producing in oh--3-5 years. I know, that's a long time to wait and they might not produce. From what I've read, the Harglow's flower later than other varieties ... given how cold it's been this spring, I am surprised that they show signs of having flowered.

I was attracted to apricots because I like them <g> but also because they take less time to bear fruit than other fruit trees and don't need a pollinator.

Has anyone else planted apricot trees? How'd they do?

Hi
I have an apricot tree. I love apricots but I wish I had'nt planted it. I puts up stray shoots all over the place, and my DH has to constantly dig them up or turm them under ground. my Dog adored them and would wof them down til one day she was sick as a DUG Vet had to operate and we thought we would lose her the poit had lodged in the intestine poor dog almost died so we put up a fence she couldn't breech topped the tree and now all we have to deal with it every other year a slight crop then an overwhelming crop the next. My little dog is gone now and the dog we have doesn't like them so no worries. If you can keep up with the trees I'm sure you'll be pleased.
kadesma:)

Oh--sorry to hear about your dog. I'm glad we didn't plant the trees in the dog yard (where I wanted to plant them).
Good, I hope you enjoy the fruits and aren't bugged with all kinds or off shoots. Apricots are so yummy
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom