Houseplant Hosta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
I love hostas of all kinds. Bought one a few weeks ago - nice big healthy son of a gun - but haven't planted it yet. It seems to be doing nicely in the front room getting some filtered eastern/western light.

How long do I have before I wreck it? I keep intending to find it a new home outside, but..............

Well if your hosta is anything like mine, they are pretty danged tough to kill. And make darned sure you pick your spot outside well cuz once its in...you aint never getting rid of it in that spot. I've dug up one hosta about 4 times from the same spot and it still keeps coming back there every year.

Oh, and I'd say you have months on your hosta.

I've neglected the living daylights out of Hostas....
I left one my Mom brought me in a plastic grocery bag on the patio for about 2 weeks. (it did get rained on once or twice)
Planted it, forgot to water it most of the summer, and the darn thing is fine!

Not reccomending my method..... but you'll be ok I'm sure!

Thanks, Alix.

Yep, they're pretty much bulletproof. Which is why I love them. One of the first ones I planted between the deck and the stairs leading to the upper deck keeps on a-comin' up every year even though there's very little room for it.

Suzi, same thing for ornamental grasses. I got a hunk of pampas grass from a friend years ago whose specimen had grown too big. Left it out by the driveway for weeks, ignored. Finally planted it and the thing grew just fine.

Yeah, just planted the last of the annual flower packs I bought...... 3 or 4 weeks ago.
:)
Not lazy just.....
Cooking! yeah that's it!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom