How's the garden coming along??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a morning nightgown and lightweight sweat pants type of waterer, with lots of cover from trees and such.

The cilantro...let it grow until it goes to seed, then collect the seed (coriander) and while you are doing that, seed falls to the ground too, then it comes up again, 2 or 3 times a season. Then you can harvest cilantro leaves and coriander seed almost anytime. It's a messy type of gardening but you can plant other things like lettuce among it. Or chard, or radish, or spinach. All the vegetables for salads are kind of friends with each other.

I have overlooked the fact that the green chiles are ready! This was my second harvest in two days. I turned this batch into 4 quarts and 8 pints of green chile sauce.

Attachments

• DSCN7922.jpg
    DSCN7922.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN7925.jpg
    DSCN7925.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN7926.jpg
    DSCN7926.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN7932.jpg
    DSCN7932.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 103
In the past, Ive had problems with my zucchinis pollinating ( too many female flowers, too few ( if any ) male flowers. So, what I always wanted to do, is dress up in a Bumble Bee costume, go into the garden, and hand polinate the flowers and hope my neighbor saw me doing this.

I never did it, but it is on my bucket list !!

( I did dress up as George Washington when I chopped down my cherry tree!!, My wife wasn't thrilled, but we still talk about it to this day )

Sounds fun and I would get a kick out of it. Kinda like me showing up in full Star Wars regalia for a to-do.

In the past, Ive had problems with my zucchinis pollinating ( too many female flowers, too few ( if any ) male flowers. So, what I always wanted to do, is dress up in a Bumble Bee costume, go into the garden, and hand polinate the flowers and hope my neighbor saw me doing this.

I never did it, but it is on my bucket list !!

( I did dress up as George Washington when I chopped down my cherry tree!!, My wife wasn't thrilled, but we still talk about it to this day )
I wish I was your neighbor, too. Heck, if we were neighbors, being a "theatre person", I would be on the hunt for costume materials for you and would happily be your partner in comedic crime. :LOL: Your wife might keep putting a "For Sale" sign on my front lawn, though. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom