I'm not usually one to complain about rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spryte

Senior Cook
[whine]I'm not usually one to complain about rain... but I'm ready for some sunshine. I have more seeds I want to plant!!![/whine]

Been pretty cruddy here too. Either rainy or too cold to put anything out yet. My tomatoes are begging to be put in the ground, they are getting to big for thier little pots!

Been pretty cruddy here too. Either rainy or too cold to put anything out yet. My tomatoes are begging to be put in the ground, they are getting to big for thier little pots!

I'm eating my garden-grown tomatoes and worried the weather is so warm the rest of them will not set fruit.

Could we meet somewhere midway and plant and harvest the ideal garden? :)

Looks like our monsoon season here may finally be over. An "Omega blocking pattern" weather system finally set up over the midwest, and now we are getting lots and lots of sun, temps in the 80's or 90's, etc.

Allen please send that upwards and eastwards just a little more!!!!

I live just about 10 miles east and about 10 miles south of Allen. I got 4.5 inches of rain on Monday and about another 4 inches on Tuesday. I have been building an ark since January. And I can't swim!!!!!

We've had a lot of rain this spring also. Great for seeding and weeding, but we need some sunnier days!

LOL - AllenOK and oldcampcook ...

I remember when I was a kid and we lived in MidWest City ... a Low Pressure center would set up over us - that darned red dirt blowing in from one direction ... rain from the other ... there in the middle we got red mud flurries!!! And, you know that I mean when I say "darned" blowing red dirt - that is a gross understatement! :LOL:

I wish some of those fronts would dip down past the Red River ... we could use a little rain down here in the DFW Metroplex.

I got my corn in, that's it.
I have a 2 day window to get the lawn mowed and the veggies in before the next week of monsoons.
Ugh.

Here in MI we've had rain and more rain and then the next day...rain. The fish are eating my peas and no telling where my carrots will pop up thanks to the last frog crushing rain! If it doesn't stop I'll be camped on some of your door steps next month begging for fresh veggies!

Back
Top Bottom