Just bought windowbox basil...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
what should i spray/feed them with. jake took care of our indoor basil last summer, 'cept he's in fla fer a few & cannot really take care of them now.:ermm:
as soon as i got them in i gently watered the soil around thier stalks/bases.
who grows indoor herbs?

I do :)

Basil,Thyme,Oregano all love full sun.I planted mine outside,where it's shady in the morning and then full afternoon sun.They don't require anything special.I've fertilized once and just watered after that.

Munky.

thanks, i appreciate it! my babies hafta stay inside. think they'll thrive with proper care/love?

I live in an apartment with no balcony and I grow herbs indoors every year.

On my kitchen window sill I have a Rosemary bush ( thankfully the one i had last year was of the anorexic variety) , Garlic Chives, Dill, and Basil.
All of mine are full sun . I water them as needed and turn them daily. At this point being in Canada , I also shut the window at night ;)

LOL!!

I tried that proper care and luv..The plant mocked me!
Mine started to die until I moved them outdoors,then in again at night.
But you could try.You might have better indoor conditions then I do.Might work :)

Good luck with the babies :)

Munky.

ha-ha, lol, thanks, munky. soup, i love the encouragenment. we will soo try for summer 2009 basil that we'll speak of for years! :)

& since i need my windows open, i'll just place the planta in the basement or the bathroom.

Luvs I think it's alright to leave the window open if it's not cold at night but frost is still happening here and the label on my plant said to protect from frost so I just shut the window . I don't move the plant at all other than when i turn it daily because in teh past i have had awesome plant on one side and sunburned sad plant on the other.

It is very possibly to have awesome herbs indoors its just about how you take care of them. I am no gardener, but have been having the herbs indoors for the past few years do to cost. One plant is cheaper than a package of chopped "fresh" herbs and I just love the convenience factor. Just water and make sure they're not getting cold, or too much heat on one area. You'll do fine.

hey, luvs! i've never had much luck with indoor herbs - but i keep trying :) this year i started sweet basil, garlic chives, and cilantro from seeds (in those little peat pots). when i transplanted them into their "grownup" pots, i used miracle grow potting soil. they are in a south window and so far look great! i used some of the basil in my spaghetti sauce last night...

good luck!! :flowers:

hey, luvs! i've never had much luck with indoor herbs - but i keep trying :) this year i started sweet basil, garlic chives, and cilantro from seeds (in those little peat pots). when i transplanted them into their "grownup" pots, i used miracle grow potting soil. they are in a south window and so far look great! i used some of the basil in my spaghetti sauce last night...

good luck!! :flowers:

CALLIE!:flowers:thanks! great to see you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom