Lasagna Gardening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:) Any one heard of lasagna gardening nothing to do with the the pasta dish? Also I have finally figured out why even though I grow tomatoes I still have not been happy with the taste. So as it were I grew some tomatoes some called Red Lightning Hybrid it is to me very tasty as it is tangy not sweet. I do not like the sweet tomatoes they do not taste like the tomatoes that I loved when I was younger. So my question is. Who also likes a more tangy tomato and what types of seeds do I want to get for next year. I have also bought seeds from Siberia, Russia, Nepal etc. Any input on those?

Look up seed savers on the web . They are in Decora Ia. They have a very good selection of heirloom seeds, that just might be what you are looking for

Started it, but haven't gotten that far. How do you like it? I think the first chapters were very interesting, especially since I decided somewhere along the line that I didn't want to live in the desert for many of the reasons she cited. Once we house-sat for a friend who lived in AZ and the automatic sprinkler broke. Since it was set for wee hours of the A.M., we didn't realize it had broken and within 48 hours every plant they had was brown (yes, it was the height of summer, days over 100 every day). Ouch. We felt very bad, but it happened so fast it was amazing. And hubby and I both grew up at least partially out west.

:) I have only read some on the internet ordered the book just a few days ago. It's not that hot here as AZ. My reason for wanting to try it is because it's supposed to be the least amount of work as far as gardening gos. I plan to make a raised garden already bought the weed barrier cloth. Still waiting :rolleyes: as usual on DH to scrounge the wood/fencing I need to build the garden.

Just loved it, it has inspired me to eat local, we try very hard to only eat organic. The book is very hard to put down. Read it and let me know what you think.

I read this book several months ago and it was a fun read. It made me feel good about the way I garden and also reminded me of my childhood. Eating seasonally is the way I grew up. I really wish I had their mushroom patch!

JP, Guess we kind of changed the original post! I just googled lasagna gardening and it looks interesting. That would be great for rooftop gardeners. I think I will try t hat next year with potatoes. There is no place to plant them in the garden but I can set up a special place.

Back
Top Bottom