Me and my zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
If you recall, mid summer I was lamenting on the zero population in my zucchini garden. I was instructed to coax cohabitation with qtips, soft music, and nice wine....
I opted to do nothing, instead, planned on simply stuffing and cooking the ill behaved blossoms. I stopped checking beneath the leaves a few weeks ago.

Yesterday morning, as I gathered tomatoes and an eggplant, I happened to glance beneath one of the zucchini leaves. Nestled on the mulch was a 7# zucchini. "holy cow!", I exclaimed at 7:15am. Even more surprising was that it was keeping company with 4 equally nuclear sized buddies.

So, for the record, my zucchini harvest at this time, totaled 5 pieces, with a combined total of 32#. They are solid, too. Very few seeds, and what seeds there are are small. Nothing will be lost to waste.

See, stop looking at them and they went all 'jack in the beanstalk' on me.

We had zucchini bread for breakfast.:chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, vb. enjoy your zukes.

ever since the weather cooled a bit, the gardens are taking off again. now is the time to clean up a few rows and plant a fall garden. things like lettuces, beets, carrots, snap peas, broccoli rabe, etc..

Hey, BT, I thought it was five days a week.....
I could be wrong.

yup, that's exactly it. i haven't worked a 5 day work week since '94, unless i took a personal or sick day.
ok, gotta change the sig.

OK I thought this thread was going to have a totally different theme. I'm off to wash out my brain with soap now.

I forgot what site I was on for a moment. THAT could have been embarrassing. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with naughty on the brain. (BTW, glad to see you got back on)

yup, that's exactly it. i haven't worked a 5 day work week since '94, unless i took a personal or sick day.
ok, gotta change the sig.

Ahhh, so it actually is your job, six days a week. Gotcha Rocketman ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom