New gardener

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peeper76

Cook
So I just decided to dig up some sods in front of my house and plant some flowers. Did I mention I have never done this before? :( My parents and inlaws are great gardeners, my mother used to own her own flower shop. I hope I have some of their genes for gardening!:LOL: Wish me luck!

Beware!
Once you start you can't stop, it's habit forming!
(so is DC)

Hi,
My advice with a new garden/ gardner is to keep records of what u did this year ( could be very informal). What you planted, when you planted it, how well ( or not well) it did......Any information helps. This way, at the end of the season, you can see what you did right and wrong, and build upon your experiences the following season. For me, gardeining is like an ongoing experiment, always tweaking things, making changes... to improve the following year. Being up north, the growing season is shorter than other areas, but it allows us to rethink things over the winter, and prepare for the following year. Also, sometimes it can take a few seasons to get the soil right, by adding fertilizers, organic materical, compost ... so dont be discouraged if things dont work out exactly the way you had in mind.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom