No dirt gardening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to hear any suggestions for a no dirt garden. I know this sounds crazy but after hearing about the aero garden and other products i wanted to grow my own produce be it indoors or out:ROFLMAO:

I don't see where you are from, but Disney World/Epcot used to have a spectacular hydroponic garden. I will say, though, that tomatoes grown in this way do not have the best flavor --- you simply need dirt to get that yummy tomato flavor (I know, I've grown them in Florida in an area where I only had sand to grow them, and they just didn't taste right). However, if you are used to grocery store tomatoes, hydroponics will taste just fine.

The Aerogarden is great for keeping fresh herbs and even salad greens. I got one this past holiday season. already on my second planting. Right now, sitting next to me are chives, mint, dill, purple basil, thyme, parsley and some leaf lettuce.

This is one of those things that when I saw the advertisement, I questioned it, even laughed and thought they were over exaggerating the success if this thing. But, I must say, Im very satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom