"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Farm to Table > Culinary Gardener

Old 05-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Beautiful Jeeks.... seems very calm, peaceful, and relaxing around your home.

Yeah,.....between all the dogs barking, the cabs honking their horns because the idiot that called them is still getting dressed, the fire sirens, the train, the dopes that speed down my street, etc..... very calm, peaceful and relaxing alright.

When it is quiet and peaceful, I try to soak it in. We're talking about moving and getting some decent property but the market needs to come back a little first.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #22
Master Chef

Hey Jeeks, I have the same problem, but I gararuntee that my home does not look or feel as tranquil as yours does. I would swear you live out in country side somewhere!

I too want to move, but we just paid our house off a few years back and we are enjoying not having a house payment. Plus like you said, the maket just plain stinks for selling your house. But I dream of a country side home, with a covered porch, rocking chair, and the ability to run out in my underware without a soul to see me!!! (Ok, I'm waking up now!)

I love your home!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #23
Executive Chef

here's a picture I took last week, the blossoms are gone already. I want to photograph the dogwoods today before they disappear..

picture is of a flowering ornamental crab apple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0021.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	3892  
Old 05-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #24
Executive Chef

well, I took the pictures of the dogwoods, and the goats, whose origins are Switzerland, which is next door to Italy, and whose manure fertilizes my garden, which includes tomatoes
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0002.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	3896   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0019.jpg
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	3897  

Name:	DSCF0030.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	3898  
Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Looks great, Beth!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #26
Sous Chef

Wow Beth I am a city guy but looking at your pics makes me reconsider...Once I am done with my house reno I think I will start looking for a cabin or something.

Even in the old battered city we have natural beauty this time of year though I wish I had gotten some pics of the incredible cherry tree on my street while it was flowering it is sooo old and leaning from all the kids climbing it. It has survuved the house that it was in front of by half a century chopping and hacking by the utitities and still is dripping with while blossoms in the spring. This year I am going to get me some cherries before the litte cretins get them all. I also want to try to root some cuttings it because it is a fantastic tree
Old 05-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #27
Head Chef

I love looking at your spring flowers...this is our third "spring" here, and flowers, of course, bloom all year around, but there are definite seasons. Right now, the lichee tree has just finished flowering and the fruits are setting. The plumeria is starting to leaf out and will soon be covered with blossoms, as will the mimosa tree. Here is a pic of the bouganvillea blooming madly just outside our front gate:
Old 05-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #28
Sous Chef

I am learning to paint. I would love to try one of the pictures but I couldn't do them justice.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #29
Head Chef

JG, one of the things I have learned about painting is that we all have different skills and talents. I can't paint like any of my teachers, but they can't paint like I do, either. The most important ingredient in any painting is confidence. Make a try at capturing what YOU see. It doesn't have to look real. In fact, if it does look real, you might as well just have a photograph. Say what you want to say. What is most important to you? Color? Form? Symmetry? Light? Color is most important to me, but form follows closely. Learning the basic techniques of mixing color, holding your brush, etc. is very important. But when you give yourself permission to develop your own style, you will grow by leaps and bounds. Buena suerte!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #30
Executive Chef

path to the barn
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0130.jpg
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	4230