Pictures of our garden 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice bounty!!! I'm with ya goomk... I don't have the space or where-with-all to try!

Cute baby! Very nice garden! Eeks on the snake! Those are some huge berries - my kids would love to make a smoothie with those :). I can't do any digging here in this rental for a garden, but I can do containers - next year I'll be doing a nice one.

What is around the border? It looks like pressure treated lumber. I want to do something like that in my yard but read somewhere that you should not use pressure treated lumber.

What is around the border? It looks like pressure treated lumber. I want to do something like that in my yard but read somewhere that you should not use pressure treated lumber.
Correct.
Pressure treated lumber contains poisons that have varying degrees of toxins depending on where/by whom they are made. You are better to go with stone or no border. An alternative is natural wood that has its own preservative in its composition such as cedar, but more pricey. Plastic will do but it does have the "lasts forever" environmental problem.

The old CCA treated lumber had some minor issues of leaching low levels of Arsenic into the nearby soil however, I think CCA treated lumber is now only used for special applications and is not readily available to the general public for the past several years ...The newer treated lumber is MCQ or something like that, and is perfectly safe for raised beds....In the end -- Do your own research, and make your own decision....

Have Fun!

The old CCA treated lumber had some minor issues of leaching low levels of Arsenic into the nearby soil however, I think CCA treated lumber is now only used for special applications and is not readily available to the general public for the past several years ...The newer treated lumber is MCQ or something like that, and is perfectly safe for raised beds....In the end -- Do your own research, and make your own decision....
Have Fun!
Yes, the arsenic was removed many years ago, but I would rather play it safe and sitck with natural wood or stone around my food. I have lost my faith in Gov't approved/allowed chemicals.

Very Nice. Getting ready to plant my first this year. Use to plant gardens growing up as a kid but havn't done it in about 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom