Putting in a garden to help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first thought was that the water might be a breeding ground for mosquitoes. That's a concern here.

We couldn't use a rain barrel because we don't have gutters. Our house, built in 1880, has a trough-like system at the foundation. The rain runs off the roof down to the trough and into the yard.

The rain barrel is covered so they cant get in. If you have any place that does have standing, still water you can get pellets that you drop in so the mosquitoes can't use it for a breeding ground.

We live in an apartment but I have a wonderful father in law about five miles from me who raises a large garden every year and lets us have anything I want. He grows all of my herbs for cooking there to. I got a nice food dehydrator a few months ago and am looking forward to drying tomatoes. I love them.

We put in a garden every year and this year is no exception!! We always plant tomatoes, basil, zuchinni and crookneck squash. This year I'm adding eggplant and bush beans. I also have a year round herb garden. Most of the herbs make it through the winter here, but some don't and I just replace them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom