Seed Catalogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
For those of us who live in four seasons, are you getting excited about starting some day soon? Soon here means Mothers' Day. But I'm already perusing my seed catalog and dreaming. I swear that I won't over-plant this year, but I am going to put in an herb garden for my elderly, shut in friends. For the most part, I prefer to buy plants and not use seeds (our season is fairly short), but, still, when I get my Burpee an Parks and .... well, I cannot resist. My favorite is Park Seeds. What is yours?

Got my seeds in the mail last week.

Ill start a few things like leeks, scallions .. soon indoors.
Tomatoes I start april 1st indoors
and try to get other things out all april, but nothing really starts growing until may. each year i try to push things to the limit, but mother nature usually has the say, even with all my attempts and tricks.

Didnt see that, sorry.
I usually order from burpee, but they didnt send me a catalogue until last week.
I also ger johnny's, vessey's , park, and henry fields ( which is the one i bought most seeds from this year since they offered a buy$25 get $25 free deal)

Haven't received any catalogues yet and hadn't planned to do any ordering this year because the yard had become too shady. Ha...after the ice storm there's NO shade so guess I'll look at the selections available when the catalogues arrive.

Having been a grower and owner of a greenhouse business for 22 years, I still get tons of catalogs, even though I retired in 2000. I love looking at them, although I don't order much seed anymore.

A few I particularly recommend:

Johnny Seeds
Nichol's Garden Nursery
Park's Nursery
Gurney's Seed
Van Bourgondien's
Burpee
Totally Tomatoes
Wayside Gardens
Thompson & Morgan
Bunton's Seed Co.

Back