Sugar Snap Peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
We don't often have good results with peas down here in southern Illinois. It usually gets hot real quick and they burn up. But I picked a about a gallon of them tonight off one little packet of seeds. I had to eat a few as I picked...they are so sweet and crunchy! The growing tips are delicious, too, in case you break one off. :ermm:

We don't often have good results with peas down here in southern Illinois. It usually gets hot real quick and they burn up. But I picked a about a gallon of them tonight off one little packet of seeds. I had to eat a few as I picked...they are so sweet and crunchy! The growing tips are delicious, too, in case you break one off. :ermm:
Connie, aren't they wonderful? I adore them and buy then when ever the grocer gets them. My grandmother use to have them in her garden, I remember sitting in the dirt, picking and eating them.:LOL:
cj

I love them too, but like you Constance, our Spring way too often "springs" into uber-hot summer way too fast to get a decent harvest from Spring crops. And of course, this year we had a wonderful cool Spring, but I was laid up with health issues that put the Spring garden on hold. Grrrrr... I envy you those lovely home-grown snap peas! Enjoy them!

I have the same problem here in MD, the weather turns warm too fast. I think I am going to try a fall crop this year and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom