Tomato fertilizer - how long can I keep it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
How long can you keep tomato fertilizer ? I have had a box of the powder for years (Miracle Grow). Should I get new ?
Thanks for any advice !

It's probably ok, but for tomatoes this year I'd probably get a new box. However, I wouldn't throw the other away. Use it on anything and everything else..including the tomatoes. I guess what I'm saying is don't put all of your eggs or rather tomatoes in one basket!

Enjoy!

How long can you keep tomato fertilizer ? I have had a box of the powder for years (Miracle Grow). Should I get new ?
Thanks for any advice !
Miracle grow formula is a concentrated soluble salt that dissolves in water. As long as it is still easily measured it is as good as the day you bought it. When the container has drawn moisture from the air and has gone as hard as a brick then you can hit it with a hammer and scatter it on the compost pile. Don't break it up and try to use it on plants as the uniformity of the mix deteriorates as it solidifies. The deterioration makes it far easier to accidentally over dose the plants. An over dose of fertilizer can burn or even kill small or sensitive plants.

Back
Top Bottom