What's in the Garden?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-1772959821.jpg

My bell peppers (in the house) are starting to turn red!!! Yea!

i just took in my first 4 hungarian hot wax peppers today. i only plante about 3 weeks ago, so it was a surprise.

they weren't hot and didn't speak hungarian...

but they still tasted good. they'll be going into a dish of veal and peppers on monday.

Kathleen transplanted okra (she started with seed). The plants are 6 to 8 inches tall right now... AND they have pods!!!!!!! Joy!

They are tiny, but they are there.

Ok. Not in my garden yet, but I am preparing a bed for roses. Need to get lots of compost. I want a shrub type rose, would like it to be red. I am at almost 7000 feet altitude. Any ideas???

My DH said that this is the last year that he is planting tomatoes. The "darn" ground squirrels or chip monks, what ever they are called, are eating them all. He has put chicken wire around all the plants and they still get in. He has even sprayed with a product that is suppose to keep them away and it doesn't seem to bother them at all. He said that all the money he has spent this year on these plants, and all the watering he has done is wasted. Next year he is just going to go the the farmers market and buy them.

Wonderful looking produce here! I just do a little container gardening - my back yard is almost all lawn so I just use what room I have on the patio. Here's two of my patio tomato plants, they are doing really well for as small as they are. They started producing fruit around mid May and have been giving me a few a week since then.

I also have some green onions, chives, and basil. Would LOVE to have the room for more, but don't really want to give up any lawn space. :)

img_1160930_0_41b2bad22fd2806456b68dd9347760a4.jpg

Thank you, Kylie. Usually they are all on the patio floor, but I was doing some trimming and checking for worms so set them on the table. :)

We were thinking of growing some fresh herbs, like Jamie Oliver does, he has them growing in his kitchen :)

So--out at the farm, the following were picked yesterday:

cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, beans, kale, swiss chard, beets, kholrabi, a smidgen of lettuce, a few peas, and onions.

What can I do with all of those?

Quite a haul!
For the zucchini, you might try this:
Slice lengthwise, a little egg wash, dredge in seafood breader mix (failing that, use some flour or corn meal mixed with Old Bay Seasoning to taste), salt and pepper to taste.
Lightly fried till golden.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom