Zucchini mostly...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter P.

Assistant Cook
I was going to say about these Zucs:

Our nights (up around the 52nd parallel, here in Canada) have been showery and the days warm and bright, so six widely-spaced plants are each producing about one banana-sized fruit per day. The only way to harvest them is small. Then when you slice them the slice is dense and not juicy. A cut-on-the-slant slice looks nice and seems to separate better in the cooking.

Your garden courgette is a hugely underestimated article for eating. It goes well in an omelette with new potato slices (preboiled) and some cheese. Which should really be called a tortilla, since most Frenchies would deny point blanc that it is an omelette.

The batch which I just now cooked were done in a wok with hot butter, a pinch of curry, some chopped garlic, crushed coriander berries and a squeeze of lime juice just before the cover goes on (and the heat off) to let them steam five minutes. Salt, yes, a little. Then let them cool on a flat plate before eating. A sitting ovation.

This is one of my own devising. But it's not like I wrote and sang a song or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom