Baking bacon rules!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to frequent Sara Moulton's cooking board, until EZboard was hacked. There was one lady in Georgia that always had fantastic recipes. She said when she had a brunch, she cooked her bacon on the gas grill. I believe she said that she put them on a piece of foil with holes punched in the bottom.
My husband says that would make a terrible mess on the grill, with all the dripping grease. Have any of you tried cooking bacon this way?

Constance, I remember being at the Weber Grill store (standing in line to by my grill) and I saw them grilling bacon - However, they had a special tray I think, it was years ago so I don't remember it very well. I have put mine on George Foreman grill and it works great. I don't know if you have one or not, but try it if you do.

Bacon grilling does *not* work unless you use a drip tray. I know this, because I had a *heck* of a fire going on my Ducane one time because I thought it would be a good idea to try it. You should have seen the flames licking up! :ROFLMAO:

It also makes the bacon black from all the smoke, which aesthetically is *not* pleasing.:sick:

Wow. I never would've guessed that there were so many people interested in the subject of baking bacon!

:ROFLMAO:

I was just happy to do it...

sherifffruitfly said:
Wow. I never would've guessed that there were so many people interested in the subject of baking bacon!

:ROFLMAO:

I was just happy to do it...

Dude, bacon rocks! I echo Emeril's saying that "pork fat rules." For me, bacon is at the top of that list! :-p

BigDog said:
Dude, bacon rocks! I echo Emeril's saying that "pork fat rules." For me, bacon is at the top of that list! :-p

It's almost true: bacon makes everything better.

The one glaring counterexample: the bacon-tini.

Don't do it. It's bad. Real bad. I was really drunk. And it was still really bad.

But other than that, it's hard to miss with bacon - mmmm

Think I'll put some in the casserole I'm makin tonight! lol

sherifffruitfly said:
It's almost true: bacon makes everything better.

The one glaring counterexample: the bacon-tini.

Don't do it. It's bad. Real bad. I was really drunk. And it was still really bad.

But other than that, it's hard to miss with bacon - mmmm

Think I'll put some in the casserole I'm makin tonight! lol

Iron Chef Cat Cora even made Bacon Ice Cream, and the judges liked it!

Bacon-tini? I don't think I want to know . . . . . :sick:

I can't think of anything that adding some bacon to wouldn't work . . . . . but I'm not trying all that hard either . . . . . :mrgreen:

As Homer Simpson says...

"MMMMMBacon"

"butter up that bacon boy"

and

"bacon up that sausage"

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :mrgreen:

Crispy oven baked bacon is a favourite of my brothers, and he still does something that we started as kids, sprinkling a little icing sugar on top before you put it in the oven. It is excellent this way, and a must for all who love maple syrup over their bacon.

Piccolina said:
Crispy oven baked bacon is a favourite of my brothers, and he still does something that we started as kids, sprinkling a little icing sugar on top before you put it in the oven. It is excellent this way, and a must for all who love maple syrup over their bacon.

Some chef-dude was telling me basically the same thing at the bar last night. He drizzles maple syrup over the top, and it turns into some sorta glaze....

:) Im with you Phinz I also prefer pan frying bacon.I like to turn bacon often so it cooks evenly.
I dont mind doing it, I just kinda space out while Im cooking bacon

A very long time ago I discovered the most decadent thing in the world. I cannot remember where I ate it.

American bacon, dredged in American brown sugar and baked in a hot oven on a broiling pan.

Oh... my... goodness. Candied bacon... can it get any better??

ETA: I have been trying to remember where I had this. I know it was probably almost 10 years ago at a restaurant in New Jersey. I wish I could give the credit where it's due.

Last edited:
I saw that somewhere too...I think it was on Paula Deen's show. I've also seen the bacon dredged in flour before frying in hot grease.

Brown sugar coated bacon is delicious, but I only serve it for special breakfasts or brunches.

Back
Top Bottom