Better Homes Roast Peppered Rib Eye recipe needed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shlac

Assistant Cook
One of my all time favorite recipes is packed away in a storage unit in Seattle, Wa (I'm in VA). I'm hoping someone has a Better Homes Cookbook which they could look it up in for me. The one I got it out of is at least 15 years old, though probably closer to 25.

What I am looking for is a recipe for a roast. It was rubbed with coarsely cracked pepper and marinated in a mixture containing soy sauce and tomato paste. There was also cardamom in the recipe. That's all I can remember except that it was located on the first page of its section.

I was hoping to make it for a special dinner next weekend...
:cry:

Roast Peppered Rib Eye

Enjoy schlac (come back and visit though) 8)

Roast Peppered Rib Eye

1 5-6 lb. boneless rib eye beef roast
1/2 cup coarsely cracked pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1 TBS tomato paste
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar

Trim excess fat from meat. Combine pepper and cardamom; rub all over meat and press in with heel of palm. Place meat in shallow baking dish. Combine tomato paste, paprika, and garlic powder; gradually add soy, then vinegar. Carefully pour mixture over meat; marinate in refrigerator overnight. Baste with marinade several times while marinating.

Remove meat from marinade. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Wrap meat in foil; place in shallow pan. Roast in slow oven (300° F) for 2 hours for medium-rare. Open foil; ladle out and reserve drippings.

Brown roast, uncovered, at 350° F. while making....

Gravy - Strain pan drippings; skim off excess fat. To 1 cup meat juices; add 1 cup water; bring to boiling. Add a little marinade, if desired.

Serve roast au jus, or thicken gravy with 1 1/2 TBS cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water. Makes 8 - 10 servings.

Back
Top Bottom