Crockpot Beef thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
Living in Canada. It is not as popular here. I had never even heard of it until I went to Minnesota 11 years ago.

Huh! My Quebecan neighbor always brings me packets of St. Hubert's BBQ Sauce after a trip hope. Interesting stuff, quite different from what we in Texas qualify as BBQ, but she says it's all over the province. Must be a regional thing...???

I know! Tell your family that you MUST take a BBQ tour of the states and we'll all put you up for the night along your journey. Wouldn't that be fun?

Sorry, Alix. Just found this in my file while looking for something else. Wasabi woman had the answer for you all the while.

Crockpot Shredded BBQ Beef = wasabi woman

4 pounds beef chuck roast
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 large onions, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1 cup beef broth
2/3 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup vinegar (cider vinegar works best)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Place roast in slow cooker with 1 tablespoon oil cook on low heat. Sauté onions in remaining oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over roast and cook on low heat for 8 hours or on high heat for 4 hours. Remove roast, shred with fork and return to sauce. Serve on rolls.

Woo! Sorry folks, had a wee emergency and had to sign off for the day. Thanks for all the recipes. Mudbug, your recipe is almost exactly what I used. I tossed in some BullsEye just for flavour.

Audeo, Alberta is a long, LOOOONG way from Quebec, geographically, politically and in every other way imaginable. Quebec is like its own little country within Canada. I am not telling you I have never used BBQ sauce before, just that we tend to call grilling BBQing. I understand your shock...I have heard it lots! I also got into a silly and rather pointless debate about it on another forum. My basic statement stands, HERE (meaning my own little corner of the world) BBQ means tossing a big slab of something on the grill. Shredding beef or pork is something entirely new to me. It was tasty, but not something I would do often. I think that living in ranch country I am spoiled by the wonderful meat I get, and so don't often have a cheaper cut to use. Oh crap! That sounds soooo stuck up and that is NOT what I meant. Please forgive me and try to understand what I meant and not what I wrote.

Someone wring that sponge out and calm her down! LOL

I know exactly what you mean Alix. Although we grew up pretty poor and ate a lot of cheap cuts, we got to buy a side of grain-fed 4-H beef once (after we were better off financially). It was so wonderful, but after eating steaks that you could literally cut with a fork, we started craving hamburger! lol Of course, even the ground beef from that cow was better than the cheap stuff.

:) Barbara

Oh heavens, Alix! I doubt you even know how to be stuck-up! You seem much too warm and friendly and downright down to Earth for that! But I'm double-dirty-dog envious of your meat supply! I'm certain ranching is exceptionally hard work, but the pay-off for dinner at the end of the day must be a great balancer!!!

What probably happened is that I read your post after little sleep and skipped reading every other word...or something like that...and completely missed the part about grilling...(oops!) :oops:

But, dadgummit, I stand by my suggestion to take a BBQ tour of the states anyway -- stop here FIRST! Come on down!!!! :D

Audeo, you doll, when I get to Texas I have a few stops to make. Yours will be near the top of the list. I would love to sit down and taste your BBQ and trade canning stories. I'm telling you, with the weather here right now...I would LOVE to be in Texas. I am freezing my behind off...HEY! Maybe I should post this under "Diet ideas that work"? ;)

Back
Top Bottom