Frozen Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use frozen meatballs all the time and love them...of course, I make them up myself and then freeze them. I don't use any breadcrumbs because they have to be gluten free and they turn out great. ;)

I don't use hardly any breadcrumbs - just enough to hold together. I also bake and freeze mine. That's the problem with store bought meatballs they use so much breadcrumbs to stretch the meat it makes them rubbery. I worked at a deli and couldn't believe how much bread was used. When boss wasn't around I cut down the bread. Fresh breadcrumbs were added to egg salad to stretch that also.

I love the meatballs in the Stouffer spaghetti and meatballs frozen meals, mainly because they're so soft. That's another copycat recipe I can't seem to find.

I love the meatballs in the Stouffer spaghetti and meatballs frozen meals, mainly because they're so soft. That's another copycat recipe I can't seem to find.

Try mama maroni's. Not sure about spelling, but that's what Craig uses and it's a very soft meatball
I'll find link.tomorrow.

I knew he had made some changes to the original recipe, so I asked him and realized he had changed it enough that they really aren't mama's anymore so I'll just post his recipe.

1 pound ground chuck
4 ounces fresh bread crumbs
2 large eggs
4 ounces whole milk
6 ounces grated parm reg or romano
3 ounces grated sweet onion
2 ounces finely diced fresh garlic
1 ounce finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
2 ounces finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 ounce finely chopped fresh oregano

Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk until it is absorbed. Gently mix everything together until just combined. Gently form into golf ball sized meatballs (don't pack) and bake in a 350 oven on a rack for 35-40 minutes.

He uses a scoop to make the balls and he doubles or triples or even more the recipe so they can be frozen for another meal after baking. Just thaw and warm up in some sauce. He weighed everything when he first started making them, but only for a couple of times and now can judge just by looking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom