Guilty pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Banana split! I once bought all the goodies for making my own, including three kinds of ice cream, three kinds of toppings, bananas, whipped cream, chopped nuts, and even the plastic boats they serve them in at the ice cream shop. Then I realized that the goodies would go bad long before I used them up, so now when I get the urge for a banana split, I just drive over to Baskin~Robbins or the Marble Slab Creamery and buy one for around six bucks.

It's so nice that when you live alone and are retired, the pleasures aren't guilty any more.

I agree 100%! It took me along time to realize that! I do however have a few things that I only have a couple times a year so that they maintain a high WOW factor, what my grandmother would have called a splurge.

This is one of them. Build Your Own Custom Box of Fresh Handmade Chocolates, Sponge Candy, Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate Popcorn, Turtles, Charlie Chaplin - Alethea's Chocolates - Alethea's Chocolates

It's so nice that when you live alone and are retired, the pleasures aren't guilty any more.

I agree 100%! It took me along time to realize that! I do however have a few things that I only have a couple times a year so that they maintain a high WOW factor, what my grandmother would have called a splurge.

This is one of them. Build Your Own Custom Box of Fresh Handmade Chocolates, Sponge Candy, Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate Popcorn, Turtles, Charlie Chaplin - Alethea's Chocolates - Alethea's Chocolates

I will not click that link. I will not click that link. I will not click that link. :pig: I will not click that link. I will not click that link.

14-16 oz. Ribeye steak! I don't feel guilt for any culinary reason, but because they are so expensive, I sometimes feel guilty for spending so much money for a steak!

...but they're SOooooo good! :w00t2:

Last edited:
I found something just lately that I really love..& it's even healthy. Pineapple greek yogurt with fresh orange sections dipped in it. So light & refreshing & it feels like you're being bad.

I found something just lately that I really love..& it's even healthy. Pineapple greek yogurt with fresh orange sections dipped in it. So light & refreshing & it feels like you're being bad.

That might make a nice dressing for a bag of shredded cabbage!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom