Guilty pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is a Monte Cristo sandwich, with a liberal dusting of powdered sugar and a ramekin of maple syrup to dip it in with each bite. If it's on the menu at a diner, I can't resist it.

If anyone can post a good recipe for the home tabletop, I will keep your DC nickname in my file titled "guilty pleasure."

Mine is a Monte Cristo sandwich, with a liberal dusting of powdered sugar and a ramekin of maple syrup to dip it in with each bite. If it's on the menu at a diner, I can't resist it.

If anyone can post a good recipe for the home tabletop, I will keep your DC nickname in my file titled "guilty pleasure."

I make three slices of french toast, bottom slice, layer ham and swiss, middle slice, layer turkey and swiss, top slice...squish down and re-warm to melt cheese. No deep frying needed.:pig::pig:

I have enjoyed chicken liver pate on a toasted bagel with thinly sliced red onion and a mixture of good mayo and yellow mustard.

Fresh baked bread with lots of butter dripping all over it - real butter!
I've got to stop reading your posts Linda! Every one of them makes me drool! Fresh baked bread (warm) with lots of real butter is one of mine as well, especially a really good sourdough!

:)Barbara

I've got to stop reading your posts Linda! Every one of them makes me drool! Fresh baked bread (warm) with lots of real butter is one of mine as well, especially a really good sourdough!

:)Barbara

FrankZ makes really good sourdough - he makes really good bread in general, but the sourdough is excellent.

Good bread, or rolls, even bad bread if I can't get good is my undoing. My brother used to work at a really good bakery and we would drop by sometime and get the fresh out of the oven breads - eating much of it before we got home...with butter - even better.

I say heck w/the bread - GIMMEGIMMEGIMME BUTTER!! I'm home alone today for a few more hours yet,...crazy side of me is contemplating melting pounds of this stuff straight into my bathtub! If I did do that, well, sure 'nuff I would feel VERY guilty afterwards. "now, WHY ON EARTH would I have ANY idea WHY there is a greasy, yellow ring around the tub"?!?! o_O LOL

I say heck w/the bread - GIMMEGIMMEGIMME BUTTER!! I'm home alone today for a few more hours yet,...crazy side of me is contemplating melting pounds of this stuff straight into my bathtub! If I did do that, well, sure 'nuff I would feel VERY guilty afterwards. "now, WHY ON EARTH would I have ANY idea WHY there is a greasy, yellow ring around the tub"?!?! o_O LOL

My official butter tester:

28716-albums286-picture2373.jpg

I would have to explain the buttered cat, too!:LOL:

AHHHHH!! Perfect Solution Fiona!! *snatches kitty w/serious face from Montana, whisk him over to my palce to clean my butter "ring", & returns helpful little fella? back* :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Little Girl...that's Latte'. Spoiled rotten! She's only happy when I am home. Then she can ignore me:LOL:

Amen sister!

I want a butter cat..I want any cat!! Couldn't even have one for Christmas. Told dh that when he dies I am going to replace him with a cat!

Last edited:
My official butter tester:

28716-albums286-picture2373.jpg

I would have to explain the buttered cat, too!:LOL:

Have you ever heard about the perpetual motion machine, that is, you know how a cat always lands on its feet, and you also know that if you drop a piece of buttered toast it will always fall buttered side down -- Zo, you butter the cat's back before dropping, and voila! the cat will spin perpetually. :D

Have you ever heard about the perpetual motion machine, that is, you know how a cat always lands on its feet, and you also know that if you drop a piece of buttered toast it will always fall buttered side down -- Zo, you butter the cat's back before dropping, and voila! the cat will spin perpetually. :D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOL!! Yes, I had heard that!

She spins like that if I DON'T offer the butter. She can be asleep three rooms away and hear me open the butter container or unwrap a stick of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom