Guilty pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL!!! Just about anywhere I would imagine, they are cute!

When I lived in the country, I asked at the local convenience store/lunch counter, if the owner knew if anyone had any kittens. She said she would keep an ear open.

The next day someone showed up at our house in a van with a half a dozen kittens :LOL:

We took two.

My (now) ex nearly had a heart attack when I hollered, "Kitten delivery!" He was afraid the whole van was full of kittens and had visions of them spilling out when the doors to the van were opened. :ohmy:

When I lived in the country, I asked at the local convenience store/lunch counter, if the owner knew if anyone had any kittens. She said she would keep an ear open.

The next day someone showed up at our house in a van with a half a dozen kittens :LOL:

We took two.

My (now) ex nearly had a heart attack when I hollered, "Kitten delivery!" He was afraid the whole van was full of kittens and had visions of them spilling out when the doors to the van were opened. :ohmy:

If I came home with a van full of kittens, Shrek wouldn't speak to me for a week...but only because it would take him that long to cuddle all the kittens. :LOL: He's bonkers for kittens...he never had cats until he met me.

My wife loves cats, we cant have them padeswood 251.jpg

If I came home with a van full of kittens, Shrek wouldn't speak to me for a week...but only because it would take him that long to cuddle all the kittens. :LOL: He's bonkers for kittens...he never had cats until he met me.

If you divorce him I get first dibs on Shrek. I need a man who loves cats. Okay well, maybe my dh will have a little to say about that. But if he has any faults it is that he doesn't like cats. (What kind of a sick upbringing did he have?)

If you divorce him I get first dibs on Shrek. I need a man who loves cats. Okay well, maybe my dh will have a little to say about that. But if he has any faults it is that he doesn't like cats. (What kind of a sick upbringing did he have?)

Divorce him?!? I just got him trained!;)

I'm about to enjoy one of my Guilty Pleasures.

I had Campbell's Tomato Soup on my list to make Alix's Chicken Caccitore last week and found a 4-pack on sale for $2.

My Guilty Pleasure comes in when I got 3 cans of evaporated milk in my Commodities box on Wednesday.

A can of CTS, a matching can of evap. milk (undiluted) and blobs of butter on top. It's heating now. Mmmmmmmm. There won't be a drop left!

Z...you are a woman after my own heart except for me the butter has to be slathered, yes, slathered on saltines and crumbled or dunked in the soup. Yummm.

One I love but rarely do is toasted english muffins topped with marinara sauce, feta cheese, diced roma tomatoes & black olives. Broil in your oven. Yummy!

lava cakes are my guilty pleasure. I've only made them twice, but i want one nightly....i want one tonight darn it!

I'm about to enjoy one of my Guilty Pleasures.

I had Campbell's Tomato Soup on my list to make Alix's Chicken Caccitore last week and found a 4-pack on sale for $2.

My Guilty Pleasure comes in when I got 3 cans of evaporated milk in my Commodities box on Wednesday.

A can of CTS, a matching can of evap. milk (undiluted) and blobs of butter on top. It's heating now. Mmmmmmmm. There won't be a drop left!

my mother-in-law used to make a fast potato soup. cooked potatoes and a bit of water, then add evaporated milk. not to much water, then melted butter. it was tasty and my father-in-law could have lived on it. his choice of food was very limited. i recall, chicken fried stead, and pineapple as his staple. boring. :chef:

Mine's really bad, homemade Dobosh Torte with rolled almond lace cookies filled with brandy cream as a garnish on top. I usually make it for my birthday - yeah, I make my own B-day cake, nobody else would ever make this one for me. And it's REALLY a guilty pleasure because now that it's just me and Craig, he'll eat maybe a piece or 2 and I HAVE to, yeah that's right I HAVE to eat the rest of it all by myself.:rolleyes:

Karen

Mine's really bad, homemade Dobosh Torte with rolled almond lace cookies filled with brandy cream as a garnish on top. I usually make it for my birthday - yeah, I make my own B-day cake, nobody else would ever make this one for me. And it's REALLY a guilty pleasure because now that it's just me and Craig, he'll eat maybe a piece or 2 and I HAVE to, yeah that's right I HAVE to eat the rest of it all by myself.:rolleyes:

Karen
I would absolutely love the recipie for that one.

Karen

I'm sure there will be more than a couple of offers to help you with that cake. Nobody should have to endure that on their own, ever.

Too rich, I can only eat a little. Give me a cheese cake or carrot cake and it will be gone pretty quick.;) Flan will go about as fast.

Craig

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be more than a couple of offers to help you with that cake. Nobody should have to endure that on their own, ever.
I agree, and just to show how supportive we are here at DC I volunteer to take over the job of getting rid of all of that extra cake for you. Now, where did I put that milk....?

Back
Top Bottom