Have You Seen This Sausage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
A friend of ours works at a military base in a nearby town. He had raved about some sausages he was able to buy at the base exchange and offered to pick up a package for me. I cooked one tonight and enjoyed it. It's spicy hot but not very hot. It's a really good sausage and tastes pretty good. SO doesn't like it so I get the whole three pound package for myself.

Here is a photo of the package. Have any of you seen this brand of sausage anywhere? I can find the company's website but no outlets for purchase. It appears they are only available at military base exchanges.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 513
Here is a photo of the package. Have any of you seen this brand of sausage anywhere? I can find the company's website but no outlets for purchase. It appears they are only available at military base exchanges.
Andy, it would appear that the company's website IS the outlet for purchase. You can buy a case of 6 3-lb packages at the link below, and have it shipped right to your door:

Smoked Sausage 3lb - Sunset Premium - Buy / Order Online from Sunset Farm Foods

Yes Steve. I saw that. I was wondering if any one had seen it in their local or regional markets.

We do not have that brand in our local markets but we do have several brands of HOT smoked sausage available locally. We also have a local company that pickles them, think pickled eggs.

Thanks Andy, now I'm curious enough to pick up a pound and give it a try!

Yep ... some companies do make their products available online, but market only to the military.

I had that problem with some products, especially overseas. It was a little frustrating before the advent of the Internet. I did manage to find things that were close, though.

Beth I just threw it under the broiler (in the toaster oven) to brown the outside. They are fully cooked.

A friend of ours works at a military base in a nearby town. He had raved about some sausages he was able to buy at the base exchange and offered to pick up a package for me. I cooked one tonight and enjoyed it. It's spicy hot but not very hot. It's a really good sausage and tastes pretty good. SO doesn't like it so I get the whole three pound package for myself.

I found this Andy:
https://www.instacart.com/winn-dixi...arm-brand-cracked-pepper-smoked-sausage-16-oz

I know that this is not the same type, but it's a start anyways ...

Back
Top Bottom