Hot Dog Questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO: OMG Mish - That is quite the creation!:ROFLMAO:

I'm another one that prefers the "snap" of natural casing on my doggies. Other than that I can tolerate almost any topping you can think of.... mustard, relish, ketchup, cheese, chili, sauerkraut. Not all at the same time though! :LOL:

Alexa

I like hot dogs Uncooked, yeap, just like that, at room temperature with some ketchup, nothing else, weird but tasty.

I love hot dogs all beef... with ketchup mustard sweet relish, once in awhile I like my doggy with chili...

I'll eat dogs almost any way, but usually prefer them when a pot of water is boiled, the heat turned off and the dogs added. Find the nuker, which I use ofter because I am lazy, has a tendency to split the suckers if I am not careful.

On the dog, almost anything. Love the Chicago style dogs which have almost everything including the vinegary peppers.

And when we can find the Sabrett onion sauce, we are in heaven.

One item we do love on dogs is kimchee, the Korean hot cabbage/sauerkraut type stuff. It is really good.

Always have some kind of dogs in the fridge and what we put on depends upon what we have available, will even put cole slaw on the things.

Am getting a bit hungry just thinking about them.

Being from Chicago (The Birthplace of the hot dog) I have to put my .02 in and say putting ketchup on hot dogs is the worst thing you can do to it. A true "chicago style" dog has mustard, rellish, fine tomato slices, peppers, celery salt, and a slice of dill pickle. Now THAT'S a good dog!

No argument here, Home chef. Grew up in the Chi-town burbs. Best dog ever was found on Irving Park Road that included all your condiments.

However, I like 'em best with just mustard - at a Cub's game.

Have you ever noticed that hot dogs taste suspiciously like ring balogna? My Mom used to boil ring bologna until it started to swell, and serve with sour kraut and ketchup. Usually, there were some baked beans in a serving bowl at the table as well. That's where I first experienced the snap of natural casings. It was a favorite meal of mine. Yum.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

auntdot said:
I'll eat dogs almost any way, but usually prefer them when a pot of water is boiled, the heat turned off and the dogs added. Find the nuker, which I use ofter because I am lazy, has a tendency to split the suckers if I am not careful.

On the dog, almost anything. Love the Chicago style dogs which have almost everything including the vinegary peppers.

And when we can find the Sabrett onion sauce, we are in heaven.

One item we do love on dogs is kimchee, the Korean hot cabbage/sauerkraut type stuff. It is really good.

Always have some kind of dogs in the fridge and what we put on depends upon what we have available, will even put cole slaw on the things.

Am getting a bit hungry just thinking about them.

auntdot, if you ever need something bad, like sabrett's or grey's papaya, or locatelli, or taylor ham; something you're craving from jersey/nyc, just let me know. i will be happy to send it to you.

One crockpot, one standard jar chopped jalapeno's, one 5 pound package hot dogs in the casings. Pour all together and cook on low, the longer they cook the hotter they get.

Serve with shredded cheeses, dice tomatoes, fresh guacamole, diced onion, sour cream mixed with well drained salsa, on a good bakery crusty roll!

When I do boil, I boil in relatively cheap beer, with sliced onions. I boil the beer with the onions until the onions start to soften. Add the hot dogs, turn off heat and leave dogs in water for 10 or so minutes. When preparing the hot dogs I use the onions as part of the dressing of my dogs.

That, and I *love* that aerosol cheese-in-a-can on my dogs.

that's cheese-whiz, phinz.

i always think of "the blues brothers" when i hear of cheese-whiz.

i used to love that stuff on dogs, and crackers, and apple slices, and celery, and my finger...:)

I can't believe it took four pages til someone told you to boil 'em in beer!:ROFLMAO: But seriously, if you can't grill 'em that's the next best way to go.

buckytom said:
that's cheese-whiz, phinz.

i always think of "the blues brothers" when i hear of cheese-whiz.

i used to love that stuff on dogs, and crackers, and apple slices, and celery, and my finger...:)

No, no, no, no, BT.

The aerosal is Easy Cheese. Cheez Whiz is the gunk in a jar. (They're cheesy, and proud of it.):LOL:

In case anyone was wondering how much is in the can.

http://www.cockeyed.com/inside/cheese/cheese.html

(Notice how the crackers stand up in the cheese?! Mmmmm.)

7806stuff1x.ce.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom