ISO a good TNT basic meatloaf recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Timothy said:
I'm serious! You can even make it into other entrees, meatballs, spaghetti sauce, itself a stuffing for another dish like stuffed chicken breasts. stuffed green peppers..etc.

Meatloaf is a dish known everywhere on the planet in one form or another.

What kind of person could be a puppy-kickin meatloaf hater? :D

The voices have told me that there is Meatloaf on the Mother-ship! I always listen to the voices...one of them sounds like Dinky.

Don't get me started on how awesome leftover meatloaf is! I usually make 2 so I can have sandwiches. Hot or cold. It's just beautiful.

I don't know if you get Wheatbix in the US, but crushed Wheatbix make an awesome substitute for bread crumbs, in meatloaf.

Made one tonight with ground beef, eggs, oatmeal, onions, celery, jalapenos, minced garlic, and a garlic-herb spice mix (that had orange-peel in it), slathered it with BBQ sauce for the last 20 minutes, and it turned out fantastic! Forgot to add some Worchestshire (I give up on the spelling) sauce, but it was still highly edible. With all the ideas and inspiration I've been getting here, I'm doing a small meatloaf at a time with various combinations of spices and additions. Only one experiment was repulsive so far.

Last edited:
Fillers are a key way to make meatloaf delicious and different.

I save bread heels, cornbread, pizza crusts, even leftover rice, or leftover fried rice (really good).

Stuffing mixes work well. The off brands are already mixed with seasoning (no packet). Seasoned croutons work too.

Don't get me started on how awesome leftover meatloaf is! I usually make 2 so I can have sandwiches. Hot or cold. It's just beautiful.
Meatloaf topped with eggs is great too, but it's perfect for sandwiches, with Onion and Tomatoes and bread and butter pickles.

3/lb ground beef - room temp
1 green bell pepper - chopped fine
1 red bell pepper - chopped fine
1 small onion - chopped fine
2 raw eggs
1 TBSP Tabasco brand Hot Ketchup
1 TBSP Tabasco brand Hot Mustard
1 TBSP Heinz brand Ketchup
1 TBSP Gulden's brand Spicy brown Mustard
1 envelope Lipton's dry onion soup mix (regular or beefy)
Fresh ground sea salt and peppercorns
I forgot to add that I use uncooked rolled oats (no bread crumbs) just enough to hold it together.

Back
Top Bottom