ISO a good TNT basic meatloaf recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommyNY2

Cook
what's your recepie to make a delicious & best meatloaf?
looking for no cans ;)recepie

Don't have a best because we like to make different style meatloafs. Tex-Mex, Italian, SW etc.;) They use the same meat mixture, just variations on the other ingredients, herbs and spices.

Craig

This is what I do ... Beat one egg, mix in a 1/4 cup of milk, a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, a diced medium onion, salt, pepper, and oregano. I let that sit for about 10 minutes then mix in 1 lb of hamburger. I bake it for about 45 minutes in a loaf pan. DH is a fan and he's not really a meatloaf fan ... I think using the crumbs and milk rather than a piece of torn bread and water helps it stay moist.

Here's a meatloaf recipe with a Near Eastern flavor.

1 Lb Ground Beef
1 Lb Ground Lamb
1 Large Onion, minced
½ C Parsley, minced
¼ tsp Black Pepper
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
2 tsp Salt
½ tsp Allspice
½ tsp Cumin
⅓ C Tomato Sauce
2 Ea Eggs
2/3 C Bread Crumbs

Mix all the ingredients by hand. Bake @ 350º F to an internal temperature of 150º F.

My mom's meatloaf is my favorite:

1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (or ground buffalo--even better)
An egg
Small to medium onion, chopped
A couple big handfuls of uncooked oatmeal
Evaporated (or regular) milk--enough to moisten, but not enough to fall apart
Any spices you want to add. I usually add garlic.

Mix well, bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes (depending on how much ground beef).

Very tough question. I like playing with different flavors and meatloaf. I've made many excellent meatloaves...I think my favorite was a Beef Stroganoff Meatloaf I made.

An egg

Mix well, bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes (depending on how much ground beef).

LOL! Almost the same meatloaf my Mom taught me. There is something about the oatmeal and the evaporated milk that makes it so moist. Really, the only thing different is I add 2 eggs beaten and a couple of shakes of Worchestershire sauce -- Oh, and I am a big fan of celery leaves chopped into it too. Very basic and very good.

Basic meatloaf recipe, no extra flavors. Pat out flat into a rectangle and spread on the middle half, sauteed mushrooms, onions and garlic, spread out sour cream. Fold each end in and bake until done. Prepare a mushroom gravy for pouring on top to serve. It's dramatic on a platter that has cooked egg noodles, the meatloaf and gravy poured on and piped stars of sour cream.

LOL! Almost the same meatloaf my Mom taught me. There is something about the oatmeal and the evaporated milk that makes it so moist. Really, the only thing different is I add 2 eggs beaten and a couple of shakes of Worchestershire sauce -- Oh, and I am a big fan of celery leaves chopped into it too. Very basic and very good.
Yours sounds good too. :) By the way, although she didn't generally use her middle name (just the middle initial in her signature), my mom's name was Linda Lou. :cool:

Here's a meatloaf recipe with a Near Eastern flavor.

1 Lb Ground Beef
1 Lb Ground Lamb
1 Large Onion, minced
½ C Parsley, minced
¼ tsp Black Pepper
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
2 tsp Salt
½ tsp Allspice
½ tsp Cumin
⅓ C Tomato Sauce
2 Ea Eggs
2/3 C Bread Crumbs

Mix all the ingredients by hand. Bake @ 350º F to an internal temperature of 150º F.

for how long are u baking it if i may ask?
i have done previous 400-for almost an hour

do you put tomato sause on top you mean or inside the mixture?

thanks everyone!!!

it's so nice/sweet for everyone to share!

i will take & learn from each recepie.

i have another question, i was reading that mixing milk and meat is tough on digestive system, is there a way to avoid adding milk into meat?

This is what I do ... Beat one egg, mix in a 1/4 cup of milk, a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, a diced medium onion, salt, pepper, and oregano. I let that sit for about 10 minutes then mix in 1 lb of hamburger. I bake it for about 45 minutes in a loaf pan. DH is a fan and he's not really a meatloaf fan ... I think using the crumbs and milk rather than a piece of torn bread and water helps it stay moist.

thanks! i make very very similar one!!
what about anything i can substitue milk with?

An egg

i never tried to add oatmeal to meatloaf (my family loves oatmeal)!!!

for how long are u baking it if i may ask?
i have done previous 400-for almost an hour

do you put tomato sause on top you mean or inside the mixture?

All ingredients are mixed in. Nothing on top. Not sure how long. An hour might be close. I go by internal temperature.

Basic meatloaf recipe, no extra flavors. Pat out flat into a rectangle and spread on the middle half, sauteed mushrooms, onions and garlic, spread out sour cream. Fold each end in and bake until done. Prepare a mushroom gravy for pouring on top to serve. It's dramatic on a platter that has cooked egg noodles, the meatloaf and gravy poured on and piped stars of sour cream.

Thank you. Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom