ISO help/tips Slow Cooking Ribs [limited!]??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday, my mom asked me the best way to cook ribs. As much cooking as I've done, ribs have been a rare part of that (unfortunately). I know a decent amount about chicken, beef, lamb, and SOME pork... but not much about ribs.

To make a long story short: what's the best way to cook ribs in my mother's specific situation? Her big, normal oven has been broken for almost 2 years. She has a counter top "oven" that's roughly 13 inches by 11 inches. A rack of ribs will fit... but she doesn't know the best way to cook it.

Seasoning? Got that decently down pat (although suggestions are always welcome!). I suggested to her that a basic rack of baby back ribs would probably be best to do 4 hours @ 250 degrees, but this is really all assumption. Bless her heart, she's been boiling & "grill marking" them for years... but I don't have much knowledge to argue her methods!! :wacko:

All help is appreciated. Cooking times, recipes, seasonings, cooking temperatures... everything.

Does she have an outdoor grill? Preferably not gas. Most any charcoal grill can be set up to smoke, which is a far better way to do ribs,IMHO.;) Even gas grills can work, I just don't like them.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom