ISO steak Tampico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
This a steak, usually kinda tough..

served with a Sauce on top of tomato and chilis a la Mexicana..

I googled this but really can't find a TNT recipe..

Help, Eric, Austin Tx.

there's a mexican restaurant near my house that makes steak tampico. they simply grill a seasoned boneless ny strip steak, put it in the middle of an oval plate with a couple of rolled tortillas stuffed with melted queso blanco on one side, mexican rice on the other.
then, the steak and tortillas (enchiladas? i'm not sure what you call a simple , rolled tortilla stuffed with cheese) are topped with a warm salsa picante.

it looks pretty easy to make, and it's delicious. i order it every time i go there.

hth.

Buonasera Got Garlic,

I have not had much time to study the websites listed, except that I was looking for the Tampico Steak to assist our colleague member.

However, normally when looking for ethnic recipes, I do a search in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German or French; to obtain a different take on the recipes and the ingredients before selecting a recipe I am going to recommend.

Just thought to pitch in ... It general recipe on Texas Monthly looks quite interesting. The La Tamiqueña sounds interesting too ...

Let us know how it turns out please.

Ciao, Happy 4th,
Margi.

Buonasera Got Garlic,

I have not had much time to study the websites listed, except that I was looking for the Tampico Steak to assist our colleague member.

However, normally when looking for ethnic recipes, I do a search in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German or French; to obtain a different take on the recipes and the ingredients before selecting a recipe I am going to recommend.

Just thought to pitch in ... It general recipe on Texas Monthly looks quite interesting. The La Tamiqueña sounds interesting too ...

Let us know how it turns out please.

Ciao, Happy 4th,
Margi.

I actually did pretty much the same thing - I looked at several results before I chose one that sounded authentic to me. I am pretty familiar with Mexican flavors and techniques, so that helped me to decide.

We're on our way out of town for a couple of weeks, but I'll put it on my list of things to try when we get back.

Got Garlic,

Do you speak Spanish ?

Cool ... Yes, I adore Mexican cuisine ... We go out once or twice a month for it ... Authentic ingredients are a bit scant here ... We do however, have an old friend, Ventura, who had immigrated to San Antonio from Mexico years and years ago, and then he relocated over to Madrid during the 60´s as he was an Air Force Engineer at The UME Base In Madrid ... He opened the 1st Mexican Restaurant in The E.U. back then ... His takes on Mexican and Tex Mex are fabulous.

I took a culinary course in 2009 in Acalpulco with a Chef named Susanna Palazuleos, and you can see my photos in my Album on Mexican of the dishes ...

Have a lovely 4th.
Margi.

Got Garlic, Buonasera,

I believe that culturally, the ability to speak more than 1 language, is amazingly fulfilling and is a door opener to a whole new world of friends and business negotiations.

Have a great 4th.

Margaux Cintrano.

Back
Top Bottom