"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison

Old 03-02-2005, 06:01 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltygreasybacon
My biggest piece of advice is get good equipment. Started with the hand meat grinder and tube thing and almost got discouraged. Then went to the electric grinder and tube and that wasn't much better either.
Hi, Salty, welcome to DC. I've been holding off on making my own sausage 'til I get the sausage grinding attachment to my KitchenAid mixer. Is that what you're referring to by electric grinder and tube thing? Any thoughts on the KA attachment?

TIA.

Cats

Old 03-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #12
Head Chef

RonJohn, that was a great web site you gave. So many good recipes to try. I am making my first batch of pickled sausage, now I have to wait the 2 weeks to try it. I am also trying the link sausage made with venison. Then on to the potato sausage witch I have made before but did the patties. They turned out great and are good in the am with eggs. Thanks again.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #13
Head Chef

Hi Cat,
I have the KA attachment and it's perfectly serviceable for small batches of sausage. My only coplaint is with the cutting discs. Mine is approx 3 yrs old and only came with a fine disc and a medium disc. I don't know if KA offers one, but I would like to have a course grind disc. I like my sausage to have a good bit of texture.
John.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Try this one.

http://www.sausagemania.com/
Old 03-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #15
Head Chef

Great site Rainee!
John.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #16
Head Chef

My venison sausage links came out great. I will be making more in about a month. Was fun making them and learned alot at my first try.

Tags
None