Meat ideas/suggestions for nachos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
...besides ground beef of course. I can imagine pulled pork would be good. Has anyone tried anything like that? what else would work?

Sometimes when I do nachos with a bunch of stuff on them, they get a little soggy. I like just cheddar melted in the oven on some home fried corn tortilla chips. Then put the other stuff on the side to dip into.
Once, I had used chipotle in adobo sauce for something, had strained it into a smooth paste. The leftover stuff I put into some canola oil, let sit in the fridge for a week. Then used that oil to drizzle over refried beans, nachos, etc. Just a bit goes a long way. sooooo yummy!
I like onion, jalapeno, cilantro, chopped and mixed together with a bit of lime juice. Green onions are nice, too.

The original Tex-Mex snack food - chips, a mixture of melted cheddar w/salsa, and a slice of jalepeno. If you add a bottle of Dos Equis, it's the perfect dinner! :ROFLMAO:

i have made em for years in the microwave for the grandkids. the youngest seemed to live on them. not always meat, just cheese (grated combo mexican)very chunky salsa. sometime i use the store fresh salsa if i have it. they love em. if u do it really quick, barely melt the cheese, all will be well.

I submit you can use just about any meat for nachos.
Steak, chicken, sausage, pork, turkey.... it's all good!!!!

Wyogals post reminded me of a personal favorite, Carne Asada Beef. This would go great on nachos.

Ingredients:
2 lbs. Skirt, flank, or round steak
2 jalapeno peppers
2 tbs. diced green pepper
2 tbs. diced red bell pepper
2 tbs. diced orange or yellow bell pepper
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp. fresh cilantro, minced
Juice of 1 lime
Salt

Salt the meat and throw in on the grill over a solid bed of charcoal. Cook until medium rare. Remove from the grill and let cool. Dice the meat and add to the remaining ingredients. Saute together in a heavy frying pan until the veggies are cooked but still crunchy.

Of course this is phenomenal with good guacamole in a burrito or soft corn tortilla. But it will work with nachos too.

Seeeeey; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom