Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How embarassing lol :( i did that, cos im sure i read somewhere, the bain marie helps to cook the meatloaf all the way through and makes it nice and moist :dry:

Here's a meatloaf loaded with veggies. It's made with ground turkey, and although I'm sure beef or force meat (a mix of beef, pork, and veal) would work, it's really very good with turkey, and it's quite healthful (see nutrition information at end). I've never served it to anyone who didn't think it was great.

Attachments

• Turkey Meatloaf.pdf
    103.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Here's a TNT with a few little 'twists' in it!

MEATLOAF

1/12 lbs. mix ground beef, veal and pork
¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
1/3 cup heavy cream
1T worchestershire sauce
½ tsp. cayenne
2 tsp. mushroom base*
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dry thyme
1T roast garlic
2T carmelized onions
¼ cup minced parsely

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine cream and crumbs, and let sit. Puree roast garlic and onion. Mix together egg, worchestershire, pureed garlic/’onion, salt, pepepr, thyme and mushroom base.

In large bowl, combine meat, crumbs and egg mixture; mix w/hands til well blended. Form into a loaf on an oiled baking sheet and bake at 350 for 1 hour or til thermometer reads 160. Let rest before cutting.

*If you don’t have mushroom base, add another tsp. of worchestershire

I make mine the way my mum did, with oats. It makes a very moist loaf with a nice texture -- not real dense. Otherwise it has savory ingredients (onion, pepper, worcestershire sauce) and a bit of veg (finely chopped celery and sometimes some corn). Topped always with ketchup before popping in the oven.

I put it in a pan big enough so that whatever juice does come out ends up evaporating. That, or being absorbed by surrounding veggies if I do it as a roast dinner.

Back
Top Bottom