Meatloaf in a pan or in free form?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer free form baked in a foil line 9x13 pan for easy cleanup and am always experimenting with different variations - dry bread crumbs, fresh, oats, seasonings...

My current favorite variation is from Paula Dean and uses 1 cup diced tomatoes and rolled oats in the mix.

I prefer free form baked in a foil line 9x13 pan for easy cleanup and am always experimenting with different variations - dry bread crumbs, fresh, oats, seasonings...

My current favorite variation is from Paula Dean and uses 1 cup diced tomatoes and rolled oats in the mix.
ok i know this is gonna sound snooty and slap me if you want but i rarely line pans with foil because of "green" reasons. i use parchment Paper instead and get easy cleanup also as in no burned on pan i only need to deal with the grease. the only time i use foil is roasting a large bird. i tent other cooked out of oven foods with the plastic dome for use in microwaving things.

i aslo use more oats than dry crumbs as you do which make a moister loaf in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom