"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison

Old 12-10-2004, 06:50 PM   #11
Executive Chef

GB one thing Mom knows how to cook the best for her family., Tell her special thanks from one who knew her mom cooked the best. Give her big hug for me. Wish I could do the same to my mom. No matter how long she has been gone still miss her. Especially when she knew how to cook so well. They are 'special' gift. Tell her thanks from me.

Old 12-11-2004, 09:24 AM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

Thanks ITK! I will do that. That is very kind of you. I am seeing her Sunday for Chanukah dinner (potato latkes) so Maybe I will even show her this thread. That would make her very happy :)

Old 12-26-2004, 10:44 AM   #13
Executive Chef

GB tell you mom thanks for sharing her recipe. The family thought it was delicious and as usual when it is good they want more. Takes fairly long time to bake so now they ask why I didn't fix more? I fixed it with mashed potatoes, bean salad, and some carrots. i think maybe barbeque beans would have went better than mashed potatoes. Will try that NEXT time but monitoring the brisket confines me more than I want to be. At least that was my gift for Christmas to the family. They do appreciate it but as I have said so often this kitchen is not very big and I am SO limited. Plus another fridge would be helpful. Something so necessary and not big even though it is biggest side by side they make. I am fortunate that I have breezeway that I put lot of stuff out there. I often wonder what people think when they first visit. Seeing my kitchen I am sure answers many of their questions. Got to do what you got to do, right? Oh, I had pecan pie and rhubarb strawberry pie for dessert. They didn't really eat the dessert because they loved the brisket.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

Thanks ITK! It will make her very happy to hear how much everyone liked it. I will certainly pass that complement on to her :)

Tags
None