My Homemade Pastrami Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pastrami is smoked corned beef. The sandwich looks terrific and that is similar to the way I cook corned beef--I do it in the oven very low in a small amount of liquid (after a good soaking to remove some of the salt--braising helps remove more of it). But with all due respect, how is this "pastrami" and not just "corned beef".

Just read the rest of the thread. No, haven't ever smoked a corned beef but that might be something to try sometime.

Last edited:
I'm kicking this old thread. I searched on homemade pastrami. If you have a kindle, amazon has a freebie re: homemade pastrami and corned beef. If you don't have a kindle, you can get the app so you can read kindle books on your computer. Right now it is free, and it was free in May (apparently, I downloaded it to my kindle then!).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00635LOVK/?tag=dded-20

It won't stay available for long, sorry if it is no longer available free when you see this post.

CWS,
I would like to thank you!
I downloaded the Kindle for PC program and it is an amazing piece of technology!
I had heard about it but never had the urge to try it till I read your post. I also got the e book on pastrami from amazon.
Lot of good stuff in there!
Thank you again!

CWS,
I would like to thank you!
I downloaded the Kindle for PC program and it is an amazing piece of technology!
I had heard about it but never had the urge to try it till I read your post. I also got the e book on pastrami from amazon.
Lot of good stuff in there!
Thank you again!
You're welcome! I love my Kindle (and I have the app on my computer as well). My dad gave me my Kindle as a gift. I have no affiliation (other than an account!) with Amazon. I just share the info when I get it (and hope the books are still available).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom