My kingdom for a meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prostrate myself with apologies. My adventures here have made me too sensitive. While I can make a passable cup of tea and toast, I previously had no idea how ignorant I was in a kitchen. Please restore me to your good graces.

:) It's no biggie when you are here long enough you will see it's all in good humor.

On the contrary, I did not misread the directions. While it's true I don't know from cooking, neither do all of you!

Checkout:Meatloaf Recipes - Recipes & Tips for Making Meat Loaf

Um...yes mignon...that was a joke albeit a bad one. And you are right, we do not know all there is to know about cooking or we wouldn't hang out here asking all sorts of questions. jpmcgrew - don't insult the comedians by including me :LOL:

Personally, I can see how 1/4 cup of a rich red wine (Cabernet or a garnacha would be the best IMHO) would enhance the flavor. I would have to be careful to remember "more is not better". :blush: Let's face it...meatloaf is an elusive beast! There is something that just hasn't quite fit the bill for your taste buds. The good part is it's not a bad way to experiment!!! I was lucky enough to find one that I love but I still want that perfect one with that perfect ketchup-based coating! Now I have a few to choose from too.

You will learn that if you ask a question here you will get more answers than you care to have :cool:. Don't get sensitive on us...we'll have to beat you to toughen you up!!!! Take everything that everyone has to say and use it as a learning tool and just ignore anything you think is harsh or insulting and chalk it up to someone else having a bad day! BUT...sometimes that one post that seems harsh can hold the key to opening up your mind to new things. You just have to read it...walk away...read it again...then go oh, well...yes, I see...harsh, but I see :rolleyes::chef:

I did indeed see where you proposed marriage to another member here - if your first name happens to be filet I would be interested :LOL: :-p

:) Meatloaf has alwys been hard for me until I found a recipe I liked. I don't want southwest meatloaf, italian meatloaf or cajun meatloaf I dont want bacon,mushrooms or cheese in or on my meatloaf. I believe it should be some what simple a lot of times less is more in some recipes.Also just because a recipe is in a cookbook or magazine it dos not make it automatically a good recipe. I have thrown cookbooks away because the recipes were crap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom