My Secret....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
Ever have a thanksgiving where some silly cook forgot the stuffing? How do you forget the stuffing??? Anyways, after this terrible terrible oversight my family and I had a bad craving for the stuff. So I went and put my oh so adventurous mind to work.,...

1 lb hamburger....regular, not lean
seasoning salt, garlic, what ever spices you want
1 egg

mix this up and flatten to a 12 x 8 rectangler on your cubboard...

mix your stuffing as you would for a bird. if you add the liver you might want to eliminate that, as well as the heart and gizzards...mmm gizzards...anyways eliminate them cause they just dont come from a cow.

Now that you have your stuffing mixed, spread on your hamburger mixture. Roll the mixture so it will fit in a bread pan.

Bake at about 350 for 45 minutes......or less...use your discretion.

Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.

This doesnt turn out greasy so you;ll need the gravy. (stuffing sucks up all the grrease....wooo hoooo!!!)

Anyways, hubby actually enjoyed it.....

Hey your welcome MJ......told you it wasnt like the one you were talking about...lol.....um...need to refrain.........

Hmmmm. I am thinking this would be good with ground turkey. Of course adding some chicken fat for flavor and moistness would help.

What do you think?

i'm thinking this is a lot like a beef roulade, where stuffing, or some other filling is jelly-rolled inside a skirt steak or brisket and baked to taste. It's yummy. Don't see why your version wouldn't be great as well. It is intriqueing :) .

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

My mom used to roll stuffing up in flank steak when I was little. We all liked our steak rare but she liked her steak well done. I remember we would just eat the stuffing out of the steak because it was burned and so hard you couldn't even bite it!

Your version sounds MUCH better - I've got to try it soon! Thanks for the newly created recipe!

That even sounds good with the ground turkey! I mean that way you could have thanksgiving anytime of the year WITHOUT all the leftovers.....I shall try it that way one day! Hope you all enjoy....

Back
Top Bottom