Q: Meat sold in supermarkets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, Alton Brown did a show about aging meat in your fridge. Maybe you can find it on-line.

Winston Churchill also advocated invading Norway and a second front into Greece, so...?

I think the worry with too much liquid is if it's from frozen ice which was on the meat - which usually means that the meat has been dried out, the moisture has escaped and frozen to the outer layar - basically I'm describing "freezer burn" - which renders the meat supernasty.

I appreciated the rest of your comments, but as for freezer burn wouldnt you see this on the meat? E.g. it would look a bit discolored? But maybe that part would be on the underside and not see it due to the packaging???

... So, I don't think that it would matter if it was frozen in water or not, the meat would freeze the same way. You would experience fluid loss when it thaws. When you thaw a steak at home, it will render fluids on the bottom of the plate. If you bring home a fresh, aged piece of meat from the store it will , or shouldn't leak out any fluids.

I've read the last sentence about 10 times now and I dont understand what you are saying;

what does it mean "aged piece of meat....it will". It will what "render fluids?"

Then you say next phrase: "shouldnt leak out any fluids."

So...it will render fluids and it shouldnt lead out fluids???

What does that mean?

I've read the last sentence about 10 times now and I dont understand what you are saying;

what does it mean "aged piece of meat....it will". It will what "render fluids?"

Then you say next phrase: "shouldnt leak out any fluids."

So...it will render fluids and it shouldnt lead out fluids???

What does that mean?

I think it means that frozen meat will leak when it defrosts and fresh, aged meat shouldn't leak.

Back
Top Bottom