REC- Homemade Hot pockets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
This isn't really, really homemade, but, it's not the boxed kind.

2 Tablespoons margarine
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 Teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
1/2 cup milk
2 cups shredded lunchmeat(Peppered turkey from the deli is good!)
1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 can of Grand Biscuits
2 eggs, slightly beaten, in it's own bowl
3 cups Frosted Flakes, crushed, in large bowl

Heat oven to 375
Mix the meat and cheese together.
Melt butter in medium saucepan, about low/med heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Add milk at once. Cook 1 minute or until thickened (like thin pancake mix) Remove from heat. Add the meat/cheese mixture.
Roll out each biscuit into about a 5 inch diameter. Scoop approximately 1/4 - 1/3 cup of meat/ cheese mixture onto the center of each biscuit. Fold biscuit over and pinch edges together. Will look like a closed taco.
Dip into the egg and then the frosted flakes until well coated. Place onto cookie sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes until biscuit dough is cooked and golden.

Last edited:
pdswife said:
Neat!

Have you ever made them with out the corn flakes?

no, I haven't. I like the sweetness with the pepper on the turkey. It's my boys favorite part too, so, I think he would protest if I did.:mrgreen:

Oh goodie another idea for the boys lunches..Thanks Texas, Ethan and Cade will love these..

kadesma:)

So cool! I love "copy cat" sorts of recipes. Thanks texasgirl, I'll put this on my list of things to make for DH...he's very familar with Italian calzones but I doubt he's ever had a hot pocket in Europe :)

Back
Top Bottom