i was trying to clean out the freezer last night, and had some frozen noodles & a ribeye that had been in there about as long as they needed to be. i threw together some beef & noodles, and they turned out really good. I served it over whipped potatoes with homeade bread on the side--now that's comfort food!
Red Wine & Garlic Beef & Noodles
- 1 lb ribeye, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4-5 cups beef broth
- 12 oz. frozen noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp half-and-half
- 3 tbsp flour
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add garlic & saute until lightly golden-brown. Add steak to pan. Season with the oregano, basil, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until beef is most of the way done.
2. Add the wine, vinegar, & Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups of the beef broth and more pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
3. Add the frozen noodles and enough beef broth to cover well. Cover pan, and simmer for 15 minutes. Combine the half-and-half & flour in a small bowl and whisk together. Add to the pan, and stir to thicken. Add more beef broth if needed. Simmer for 10 more minutes, uncovered. Serve.