"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2017, 06:22 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
The "economics" part of home economics was the most informative part of the class, or at least I thought so. We learned how to create household budgets, balance a checkbook, etc. Real life skills. Schools should still be teaching this sort of thing, in my opinion.

A few years ago my adult daughter came to me, checkbook in hand, and asked me to show her how to write a check. I couldn't believe she didn't know how to do this. Apparently, it's not something they teach kids anymore.
Part of the class was about marriage. For a lot of us, those were the times of the "test drive" first. Sometimes even then it didn't work out. Maybe it would have been better if "Parley nois a bois, no par de mariage".

Old 04-30-2017, 12:52 AM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylhanger View Post
And then they drool. heehee.
That redneck sushi is brilliant. And to Vinylhanger,, I neither rule, nor drool. But I know techniques that can choke you unconscious in 20 seconds. Now aren't you glad I don't live near by, and am a very, very peaceful man? Just sayin'. Be careful who you say drools.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #23
Assistant Cook

That looks so amazing. My mouth is drooling. Great presentation.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #24
Senior Cook

Casey Dog,

Wow. A delighting gastro adventure ..

Tags
recipe, sushi

Redneck Sushi... I made this a few years ago for a online fun food challenge, and came across a photo today and thought I would share it with the DC gang. It was fun, and actually really tasty. I call it "Redneck Sushi," because of what is is made from. Looking at the photo, the meat side is breakfast sausage, and the rice side is cooked white rice. The center is a green jalepeño from my garden stuffed with cheese, and the red garnish is red jalepeño from my garden. The wrapper, that would be seaweed on real sushi, is bacon. I cooked it on my Weber Kettle, indirect heat. I do not remember what I made for the dipping sauce. I believe it had apple cider vinegar and some soy sauce. I don't recall what else. The photoshoot was fun, too. I used a license plate and some "redneck" chopsticks. If you are looking for a fun and tasty party finger food, this may provide some inspiration. CD . 3 stars 1 reviews