Ribbon Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Mom used to make this meatloaf. It was awesome and made great meatloaf sandwiches. It still is a family favorite.

Ribbon Meatloaf

Meat mixture:
3 slices soft bread, torn into small pieces
1 cup milk
1 lb. ground beef
½ lb. ground lean pork
1 egg yolk
1¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon each of black pepper, dry mustard, sage, celery salt, and garlic salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Cheese filling:
1 egg white, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
2 slices soft bread, torn into small pieces
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350°.

Meat mixture: Stir together bread and milk. Thoroughly mix in remaining ingredients.

Cheese filling: Combine egg white and water. Toss lightly with breadcrumbs and cheese.

Pat one half of the meat mixture into a greased 9”x5”x3” loaf pan. Cover with cheese filling. Top with remaining meat mixture.
Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Serves: 6-8

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just spotted DampCharcoal's photo of this. I've only made meatloaf once, tasted great but looked a disaster. It was an Italian recipe cooked not in a loaf pan but in a big saucepan, surrounded by sauce. Unsurprisingly, it broke up into clumps. I'm going to give this a go, it looks great in DampCharcoal's picture with the puddle of gravy in the mashed potato. Perfect comfort food for a chilly day.

Thanks SC! I can't make it for DH because it is not gluten or lactose free, but Dad will love it so I will make it for him and I and make DH one that is friendly for him!

Back
Top Bottom