Test tube beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People in that movie ate it to survive, I don't think anyone in that movie said it was tasty. Maybe this future world will have to grow meat with little taste (some virus that kills off most animals).

It'll be a time in our future maybe. But after that period... we'll all have food replicators like in Star Trek the Next Generation that can replicate your long dead moms favorite recipe to a tee. They will have gotten growing meat and all other meal ingredients to perfection.

I see this as the first step towards a Soylent Green type necessity, ending up with Star Treks Next Generation food replicator perfection.

Science will be the cause and the cure to all our problems.

My post was made in jest at what is being called "Test Tube Beef." Not considered for serious discussion.

The masses in that story were told they were eating an algae based food...the Govt in that Universe, decided to use a more plentiful supply of food.

I'd have to see the credentials of any test tube beef...I read too much science fiction.

It'll be a time in our future maybe. But after that period... we'll all have food replicators like in Star Trek the Next Generation that can replicate your long dead moms favorite recipe to a tee.

But the programmer can't know what mom's hash tasted like, any more than the Nutrimatic Drinks Dispenser on the S.S. Heart of Gold could know what tea tasted like and so produced a drink almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

But the programmer can't know what mom's hash tasted like, any more than the Nutrimatic Drinks Dispenser on the S.S. Heart of Gold could know what tea tasted like and so produced a drink almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

:ROFLMAO: another fan of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Yup, you would have to have some real food and make the dish so the replicator would have something to replicate.

Back
Top Bottom