Uncorned beef question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Please Please tell me what I want to hear. LOL LOL
So last minute here - bought some corned beef (beef briskett) at the butcher section of Hannaford. Making a UNCORNED BEEF Dinner.

The recipe I'm following has this dry rub/paste you put on it the night before.
It's 11:30am right now and I'm serving this tonight.

am I ruining the entire dish by not following the instructions for the rub?
Is it worth putting the rub on it for a couple of hours?

BULK OF the cooking recipe is here:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine beer and juice. Top brisket with onion, and surround with beets. Pour in 1 1/2 cups beer mixture. Bake, covered with parchment-lined foil, basting occasionally, until tender, 3 hours to 3 hours 15 minutes.

Your recipe is usually made with a fresh brisket rather than a corned one so the taste will be different. Put the rub on ASAP and continue with the recipe. I'd leave out any added salt because a corned beef can be salty.

legend, i would rub it, wrap itin plastic - or better vacu-seal it if you have one, then put it on a plate or in a container and add some weight to the top the help press the rub into the meat, if only for a few hours. i'd also up the amount of salt a bit in the rub to help it work a bit quicker.

hth.

happy st. pat's day, btw.

sorry I just bought a regular beef brisket at hannaford. It isn't corned. It's angus chuck flat cut beef brisket. Are there any changes with what you said knowing this?

Thanks - Happy Saint Patricks Day!!

Last edited:
Just rub the rub and go ahead fallow the recipe. Do not worry about keeping it overnight. You'll be fine, just make sure it is well-well done. Brisket is very tough, but if cooked long enough is delicious.

Just rub the rub and go ahead fallow the recipe. Do not worry about keeping it overnight. You'll be fine, just make sure it is well-well done. Brisket is very tough, but if cooked long enough is delicious.

so 350 at the 3 1/2 hours seems decent?

Back
Top Bottom